Friday, April 25, 2008

8 Weeks and the best smoothie ever

Today I'm 8 weeks! Of course it started by having a very small bit of spotting - but my nurse reminded me after my u/s on Tuesday to expect spotting all of the way until Friday. And - it was MUCH less than the last time. So I mildly freaked out, and then calmed myself down.

I feel like I HAVE to share this super tasty smoothie with you:

2 cups of chocolate soy milk
2 frozen bananas (broken up into pieces)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coca
6 ice cubes

Blend it all together. YUM!

I've had this for breakfast the last 2 mornings and it is awesome. Awesome I tell you.

5 comments:

K @ ourboxofrain said...

8 weeks is a huge milestone -- congrats! I'm sorry about the spotting, but it sounds like it wasn't much and you aren't too worried, which is great.

I'm not a banana lover, so my favorite smoothie is: 1/4 cup of 1% milk, 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, 4-6 ounces vanilla yogurt, 6-7 ice cubes, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Also yum.

JenniT said...

Congratulations and stay positive. Once there's a heartbeat things are much better. Don't worry about the spotting. I had spotting early on too - so scary after a previous loss - but now have a beautiful daughter.

I wouldn't make a smoothie without bananas and recommend apricot or strawberry yogurt for flavor. Also, I loved plain yogurt with honey.

There's an anonymous survey on infertility at (copy and paste):
http://www.opiniondb.com/DoSurveyList.aspx?id=9fa77374-3372-4f35-883a-6117fa991d45
You can see the statistics once complete and it only takes a minute.

Unknown said...

Happy 8 weeks!! I'm glad you're able to keep the spotting in perspective, but nonetheless, I'm sure it's a little nerve-wracking. Thanks for that smoothie recipe, it sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish.

Geohde said...

That does sound tasty.

Congrats on 8 weeks, and here's to about 32 more,

J