Last year was a good year. Hard, but good. We are a happy family that is growing stronger together. And that is really a good life, isn't it?
I also don't usually do resolutions, but I do think of things that I'd like to try to do better, and I have a little list:
- I want to be able to sit on the floor with my legs crossed. This may sound crazy - but I've NEVER been able to do this. The one time I could was when I was doing Tai Kwon Do, and we were forced to sit like that. It took me almost a year. Anytime I'm sitting on the floor with the kids, I'm going to sit like that and try to get flexible enough to have it be comfortable.
- Relax about exercising. I stress about doing it or not doing it all the time. I need to just go when I can and not beat myself up about it.
- Get a better handle on finances. Things are going to loosen up a bit for us when Maggie moves to the toddler room ($300 less a month!) and we have a loan that also finishes up next month. I want to use that money in a smart way. And also not do as much impulse purchases (I tend to spend without thinking on craft supplies, baby clothes and toys. We are not lacking in any way, shape or form in any of those areas.)
- Tied into #3, I didn't sign up for my usual Sock Club this year. It's about $240 for a year, and you get yarn and 2 sock patterns in the mail every other month.* I went into my yarn stash and made up my own Sock of the Month club. But, instead of every other month for 12 months, I had enough patterns and yarn to do a different pair of socks every single month for 22 months. Yeah. Now to see if I have the time to do that kind of knitting!
- Work to keep the house more organized. We have it in pretty good shape right now. I'm going to put a reminder each Weds (when I work from home) to look around and make things are in decent shape.
* Proof that I really need to work at this. I thought that club was $300. When I linked to it, I saw it was 'only' $240. And thought maybe I should sign up. And then forced myself to do the math. That's $40 for a skein of yarn, and two sock patterns which, at most, I'll knit once. Step away, Cece, step away.