Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What a difference a year makes

This was a long weekend for the kids and I (Aaron had to work on Monday). I don't know about you all, but for me, it's easier to handle the kids alone at some sort of 'event'. They are both so excited (and a little nervous about the crowds) that they hold hands and just have a blast. When I saw that a Day out With Thomas was this weekend - I decided to take the gang.

We went last year on Labor Day weekend, and the kids had a blast. It's at Edaville - an old train-themed amusement park for little kids. Each year they threaten to shut down (I'm sure it's expensive to run) but they decided to keep it going this year.

When I was saving the pictures from this trip, I noticed the ones from last year. Look at this craziness. Here is Maggie last year on the train ride:

And then this year:

Would you even recognize her? She is such a big girl now.

On the way home we stopped at Ikea and got the mattress for the firetruck bed. You guys are NEVER going to believe how awesome that thing is. It's amazing. I have no idea how Cam is ever going to actually SLEEP in it.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Did you already post pictures of the firetruck bed? If not, can you post some please? It sounds really awesome!

One of my colleagues went to A Day Out with Thomas and had a good time.

emily said...

love her little pigtails!! and you are right, what a difference.

Carrie27 said...

Baby to toddler is always such a big change.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, she's so BIG. I do not like this growing up thing.