Friday, September 7, 2012

Things and Stuff

I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, but I'm tired. My life is such that usually, everything isn't busy at once. But this last month, my weekends have been stuffed with activities, work has been busy for both Aaron and I (which is very rare, we somehow manage to trade off having busy times at work), I've been dealing with my Mom's move and parenting has also been a challenge.

And I know that is is life. This is what is always happening. There are people that have much crazier and busier lives than I have - for instance, my commute (when I got into the office, which is only 2 times a week) is 20 minutes. I have a cleaning lady to help with the housework. My kids are in daycare and my husband is helpful.

But I really want to go somewhere and just sit. Sit and do nothing. Have someone delivery me chocolate, stinky cheese and the occasional cocktail.

Since that isn't happening anytime soon, my plan tonight is to take the kids into Boston to hang out with a friend who is in town, take her to the Museum of Science, and then Aaron will pick up the kids, and we will go out for dinner at the North End. And I scheduled a spa day for myself on my birthday, so I have that to look forward to!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You always seem to be so good at taking care of yourself and keeping things in balance. But everybody feels that way sometimes. Dinner in the North End sounds yummy - I was there a couple of weeks ago and had great food (at Trattoria Il Panino). And you can't go wrong with a spa day (or chocolate, stinky cheese, and a cocktail).

HereWeGoAJen said...

That sounds like a good plan! I hope you have lots of fun!

I have times of busy and times that aren't. We've been in a busy for this whole year. It's ridiculous.