Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kicked

First, let's talk about Mary Ellen and Steve, who have kicked IF's ass and welcomed their little (well not so little! She was over 6 lbs!) girl into the world! ME was the person who pushed me to go to a new doctor, actually gave me the name of the doctor who treated me more like a human being (i.e not telling me I was fat every visit) and got me pregnant! ME gets credit for me not killing my first doc AND for Hulk entering this world. When she went on bed rest with her triplets, I came out of my little hole (I'm always so nervous to meet bloggers in person) and was going to go teach her how to knit and bring her some of my famous chili. Unfortunately (and pretty scary for all involved) she ended up losing the triplets and getting a pretty serious infection in the process. I'm so glad that Amelia is now their happy ending (beginning?)!

I'm now getting kicked majorly from the inside. Usually I'll get a few warm up kicks and then WHAM! But yesterday, one of the girls kicked me so hard it made me jump! Crazy. With Hulk, it was more like a bunch of gentle taps... comforting really. But these gals are really beating me up! And I still have 15 weeks to go!

I find myself longing for things I will be able to do when I'm not pregnant anymore... like working out. Even taking the dogs for a walk in the woods. Or planning a weekend away. Ok, I know I won't be planning weekends away very much in the few years, but there is someplace I'd like to go in October (Rhinebeck, NY for a Sheep and Wool festival) and besides the fact that the doctor doesn't want me going more than 2 hours away from home after 30 weeks.... I can't imagine I would have much fun. I'm already waddling when I walk. By then I'll be 33 weeks pregnant, and I can't even imagine how huge I'll be at the end of October. Walking around a festival doesn't seem like the best idea. So, while I'm loving the good parts of being pregnant, I'm also looking forward to when I can just go out for a walk and not worry about my heart rate or how far into the woods I'm walking. Or get excited about going to an event and not stress about the amount of driving/walking involved. And the big bit? Reclaiming my body!

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Elizabeth was a really hard kicker too. Sometimes she'd make me shriek in surprise.

Carrie27 said...

It's the two of them in there. They have limited space to stretch, so their kicks and punches are going to feel much more pronounced. So much fun, even with the pain.

Beautiful Mess said...

WOW! Lots of kicking going on inside that body of yours! It will be nice to have your body back. It's been a long time, I'm sure.
*HUGS*

Sparkle Mommy said...

You will get your body back when the girls are born, thank goodness, it's the mind that seems to go.

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow so active huh? So we know they are fiesty... yeah!

emily said...

I hear ya... can't wait for this little guy's birthday. I'm 30 weeks now and I'm just counting the days till 36 weeks. I have no need or desire to make it to 40!! I want to go for a walk too, and unpack some of these gosh darn boxes STILL laying around my house, and climb ladders and paint! Ahh, someday.