Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers

  • Maggie started tee-ball last night. I honestly thought she was too young for it - but my girlfriend found a program for 3 and up, and since Maggie is best buds with her girls, we went for it. Aaron was the one who took her, and she had a BLAST. Loved it. Aaron said she had the best arm out there (of course, right?).
  • While Aaron and Maggie were at tee-ball, I rode to pick up Cam on my bike with the trail-a-bike. I had this crazy idea to ride from school to the local ice cream place. I did the math, though, and it was a 7.2 mile ride over some big hills. So I packed a little picnic, figuring if he got too tired, we would stop, have a little snack, and wait for Aaron to pick us up. But no! We road the whole way, and he had a blast. And I did too. Nothing like hearing a little voice yell 'This is awesome!' to make me smile.
  • Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends. They have 3 kids - so we are getting two babysitters, letting the kids play and watch a movie together while we go out. I'm excited to see if this is a success, because if so, we may make it a monthly thing.
  • Tomorrow is Cam's first tee-ball game - and he is SO excited. I hope he loves it as much as he thinks he is going to love it.
  • I've been tracking my miles swimming on a US Masters team tool called a FLOG (Fitness log). It's a really easy to use tool and my favorite part was that it told me if I was on track to meet my 200 mile goal. Anyway, it had some (what I thought) were arbitrary milestones - 50 miles, 150 miles and 250 miles. Turns out, that there is a rewards program, and when you hit a milestone, you get a prize! I received a new swim cap in the mail yesterday because I hit 50 miles at the beginning of the month. It's a silly $2 cap, but I'm ridiculously proud of it.
  • Tomorrow is also our friend's annual Kentucky Derby party. I'm only allowing myself 3 Mint Juleps. I went a bit overboard last year.
  • And Sunday, we are having Maggie's preschool teacher watch the kids in the afternoon while we go to see Ironman 3. It is going to blow their minds to have her in our house.
Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Catwoman73 said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Lots of adult time. How was the movie? I can't wait to see it.