In between drama sessions with various family members - we've continued to have a great summer.
- The kids LOVED the drive in movie. Maggie continues to say 'Momma! Remember? That one time? When we saw the movie on the BIG screen (insert big arm gesture here) UNDER THE STARS?
- We also had some amazing weather in Nantucket - and got to spend a lot of time on the beach. Cam, who used to be afraid of the water - was having a blast being tossed around in the waves! Aaron even taught him how to boogie board.
- I made a whole plan to swim at another pool with some friends, only to find out - the first time we met to swim, that they are ALSO closed for two weeks for maintenance. I figured, OK, I'll just swim once a week on Saturday's (at a different pool) and what do you think I then find out? Yup. That pool is also closed for two weeks. So I'm into a new plan with a guy at work who does triathlons. We are going to swim at a local lake during lunch and just smell like pond water for the afternoon.
- In other swimming news, I won my age group in a race this weekend. It happens to be the New England Masters Long Distance Swimming Championship, so I'm a champion. You may prefer to call me Her Supreme Swimness. I'll answer to either.
- Aaron is away for along weekend with his friends, so I had a lot of fun with the gang. They came with me to the swim race (along with Suzanne) and we had a fun day with a nice picnic. Sunday, Cam spent the day with a friend at Davis Farmland and Maggie and I got some one on one time at the local 4H fair.
- But two kids, alone, even with a lot of help is a lot of work! Hats off to you that do it a heck of a lot more than I do.