- The truck that we bought from Aaron's father (but really from Aaron's older brother who is the power of attorney) left our house with his brother to get appraised in CT with no issues. In that 150 mile drive, somehow, the left side valve cover cracked and the rear axle needs work.
- Thankfully, that is all covered by warranty
- But since the dealership is near my work - I'm the one driving it around and dropping it off
- Yesterday, after I dropped off the truck, they call me back at 3 to tell me that they have the wrong part.
- I get a rental MINI VAN (shudder) but had left the car seat in the truck - so they need to bring it to me at work so I can rush to get Hulk on time.
- When I got to daycare, Hulk was just ready for a bottle. I was ALL FIRED UP about the truck BS, and sitting there feeding him made everything better. Behold, the power of babies.
- I went onto Snapfish and ordered 133 prints of Hulk. We have loads of digital pictures, but none have been printed out and put in frames or in an album. I did that last night and it was so much fun! I also mailed pictures to the grandparents to make them smile (I almost wrote 'to shut them up', lol)
- I really feel for my brother, who is going through a major marital crisis right now. He is out of work, they had to move from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom condo, he and his wife are fighting constantly, and she tried to kick him out of the house on Tuesday. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to leave because of his daughters, but seriously? They are 12. I think it's worse to have the parents fighting all them time than to have them together - but what do I know? I feel like once you throw around the threat of divorce enough times, there just really isn't a way to go back to 'normal'.
- I want to scream with the stupid drawn out drama that has become the splitting up of my FILs belongings. There are things in his house that he will clearly not be able to use anymore. The brothers all agreed that they should be sold so my FIL could have the money for his care. Aaron mentioned to his brother (the one that is the POA) that we would like a few things (exercise equipment, a table saw). His brother is totally dragging his feet on giving us 'permission' to take them and also making a huge deal on the price we should have to pay. Frustrating. Especially when soccer season is approaching - when Aaron coaches and I become a 'soccer widow', with 3 practices a week and a game at 1 PM each Saturday for 8 weeks (right in the middle of the day so you can't really do anything else on that day). Making the 1.5 hour drive to pick up the stuff will become exponentially harder starting next weekend. Awesome.
Sigh. It's just life! But pair it all up with 5 hours of sleep a night, and it's tiring! I wish I had a wand that I could wave and fix everything the way I want it. Anyone know where to get one of those?