That also means only 31 working days left for me (or 6 weeks) because I'm taking those 2 weeks off before my c-section. *happy dance*
The good news is, things are falling into place. Quick list of what we have solved or underway:
- Aaron's aunts are planning on coming on the week of Oct 18th and painting and decorating the nursery. All Aaron needs to do is to prep the room. Which takes a huge amount of pressure off us. They will also organize all the handmedown girl clothes I have. I'm going to spend the next weeks getting the little final touches ready to go - like buying the black out curtains and making the valences.
- I have this delusion that the twins will sleep in their own room from when we come home. I know I kept Hulk in with us for over 3 months, but I found that when he was sleeping, I would just lay there listening to him or worrying that the dogs or Aaron's snoring would wake him. And his little baby 'chirps' would wake me up. So, we are going to at least start them out in their room. Once the nursery is done, I'm ready. I have the Amby Baby beds (found a second on Craig's List) and anything else they will need already.
- I had a dream the other night that the Douala that attended Hulk's birth was 'missing' at the girl's birth. We honestly didn't think to ask her, because I know I'm having a c-section, and I felt that I would be OK with just Aaron. I was talking to her on the phone - and mentioned the dream - and she said - I'd love to be there! I was slow to answer - because I don't really have the extra $$$ to have her come. I asked if we'd get a discount, and she laughed and said she would just be there. Sweet. It'll be awesome to have her support - plus she got amazing photos last time. And Aaron can just concentrate on me and the babies.
- I started researching night nannies. One piece of advice that I've gotten from many twin mom's is that night nannies have saved their sanity. There is a service here that is popular with twin moms - but they are $340 a NIGHT - 10 hours at $34 an hour. Damn. I'm pretty confidant that Aaron and I will do OK , but I like the idea of maybe once a week knowing that we will get a full night's sleep. I got the name of a post partum Douala who would be interested in helping us out. We will meet with her soon, and get some pricing on that. I had put out the word to family that we didn't really need much in terms of 'stuff' (only thing we definitely need is the mattresses for the cribs - but since we use the Amby Baby beds, we won't need those right away either) but money towards a night nanny would be awesome (figuring if we didn't use the nanny, we could use the money for diapers and formula too!).
- Starting on Dec 9th, we have coverage for the daytime with friends and family until the nanny starts on Jan 2nd. And Hulk will stay in daycare until at least the nanny starts. So, we may use the Douala for the first week to have an extra set of hands, but Aaron will be there also.
So! Things are as much under control as I can expect, I guess. And that makes me feel good.