Friday, December 17, 2010

End of the week!

This has been a crazy week. I got invited to go out to the movies on Wednesday night - who ever goes to the movies on a weeknight?! I do! And then yesterday was my companies holiday party -and it was pretty fun.

Thanks for all the support on the church thing. I have to say, I emailed the minister, and I haven't heard back. So. I don't know what to make of it - I've emailed him before to no response, so maybe he is just bad at emailing. I don't feel bad about the whole thing - but I do still feel weird. Ah well. And of course, I can't go to church on Sunday (meeting up with some friends in the morning) so the longer it goes, the weirder I'm going to feel. Sigh.

One thing I want to let everyone know about - is if you are in my part of the world, there is a Scholastic Warehouse sale going on in Clinton, MA. I went on the suggestion of a woman from daycare, and I had no idea! It was awesome! Loads of kids books for super cheap - and even little stocking stuffers. I went on the website and printed out a coupon and fast cart check out thing (you just pick a school name and say you are a parent volunteer - no one checks). Cameron loves books - so I got loads of neat things for both Christmas and then throughout the year. And some books that are just for Maggie too (Cam tends to grab anything and yell MINE. So hoping a few can stay in Maggie's room). The sale goes until Dec 22nd - and is totally worth it.

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I hope you hear back from the minister. But totally not your fault!

Serenity said...

oooh, that's good to know - thanks for sharing about the sale! We have a family gathering in Westminster tomorrow afternoon so we may stop by Clinton on the way tomorrow afternoon...

And I do hope you hear back from your minister too.

xoxo

Brandy said...

I hope you hear back!

I wish I lived in your neck of the woods, what a neat sale!

Nearlydawn said...

Wow! Too bad I didn't know, i would have sent you an "order" for me. :) My kid devours books.

Isn't it great though, that love of reading?