Lets discuss everything I've done in the past 2 weeks.
- Had Thanksgiving at my house when I wasn't planning on it
- Hosted my MIL for 6 days
- Had a party for Maggie to which easily 75 people were in my house
- Thank you notes for Maggie's gifts were in the mail by Tuesday.
- Uploaded and ordered prints of pictures for the past few months.
- Made a special birthday shirt for Cam
- Drove to NH for a picture with Santa (came out super cute by the way)
- Was somehow surprised that the anniversary of my daughter's death threw me for a loop
- Had a party for Cam for which Aaron made a super complicated 3D train cake and 9 two year olds attended, plus all the parents. I even got little chubby cars as party favors.
- Sorted through pictures that I ordered and sent out to friends and family that would love them, and also put them in our album (and no. I don't scrapbook.)
- Had the dogs consume a the mitten advent calender that I lovingly and excitedly made for my kids.
- Spent an hour re-making the number tags, restuffing and rehanging the mittens for the advent calender. I have 5 that have to be reknit to make it to Christmas Eve - but I'm still to angry about it to start knitting.
- Went to a cookie swap
- Ordered holiday cards (which I have them send out, so necessitated entering 50 names and addresses and also a personal note on the back of each.)
A neighbor, who has received 2 thank you notes and also cute baby pictures from me in the past week texted me and said she wanted to hire me to organize her life because she doesn't know how I do it.
Honestly, I don't either! All of the things I do, I do because my mother did them growing up. Except for the pictures with Santa. But my mother, who was a single mother, did a Christmas letter every year, sent thank you notes within days of a present being received, cooked all meals from scratch and had a perfectly clean house. I've talked about this before, but I KNOW I can't handle it like she did. But I find myself trying to all the time. People often tell me that I don't have to send thank you notes, or holiday cards or that 2 years old won't miss party favors. But NOT doing it will nag at me more than if I just get it done.
Sigh. I was so excited to have the cards ordered... thinking that I have everything under control... and then realized that I don't have any Christmas decorations up inside the house yet.