Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

Ah. Friday. How I love thee. Here are the leftovers from this week!


  • Cam is pretty much potty trained during the day. He is basically a Rock Star. My Aunt wants to take him out to give him a 'potty training present'. What does he want? A squirt gun. The irony is not lost on me.

  • Maggie has been somewhat cranky all week, and on Weds she ended up with a fever. I guess sore throat and fevers are going around - what the heck! It's summer! No time for sickness! But I was home with her Weds afternoon and Thursday... and I have to admit, cuddly babies are great. But then, she woke up from her nap on Thursday READY TO GO, so I was happy to bring her back to daycare today.

  • Because, I think we all know, working from home with an active, opinionated toddler isn't any fun. At one point, I was on the phone with my boss and I notice she has a tiny marble in her mouth (which, in other news - tiny marble? I didn't even know we owned any). I take it away and she starts SCREAMING at the top of her lungs. I had to hang up the phone.

  • No plans this weekend, just a free summer weekend. Love it.

  • I'm back into knitting, and I'm very happy. I don't know what turned me off it, but it's nice to be productive again. I'm actually starting up on Christmas presents!

  • I think that due to our low funds, I'm going to try and make all of the Christmas presents this year. And make them out of stash yarn (stuff I already have). This seems smart and doable. We shall see come November when I have nothing done, though.

  • I'm planning on doing some canning this weekend - nothing major, but definitely some blueberry jam and maybe peach. Those are favorites in this household.

Go visit Danifred for more Friday Night Leftovers!

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm making our Christmas presents this year too, but I haven't started yet and I really need to or I will never be done in time. (So maybe I am making the Christmas presents for 2012 instead?)

Heather said...

I love the idea of making Christmas presents! I started sewing this year and I made my sister a dress for her birthday, but I don't think I could have time to make clothes like that for everyone. But you are right, now is the time to start planning.

And yes, Cam is truly a rock star!

Heather said...

Oh, and I love those snuggly, sick kids! I could go for a day of snuggles with my 19 month old.

Anonymous said...

I've been a long-time lurker and don't think I've ever commented - but now is the time.

I've recently gotten my knitting vibe back too - it feels good. Ever since you made the cowl last year I have wanted to make it (I recently went back and looked for it on your fiber fish blog - so will be starting it soon). I also loved your advent mittens and was so sad for you when they were chewed!

I love making Christmas presents and have knit, make homemade soap and beeswax candles to name a few.

Oh, and would love to see pics in your sassy red dress from the recent wedding.

Tracy

Carrie27 said...

We cut back on buying gifts at the holidays. We buy for my parents and our kiddos. I love home-made gifts the best.

And, I'll take some blueberry jam, please.