Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Leftovers

Yeah. I missed the boat on Friday night leftovers, so I'm cheating.


  • The potty training continues. I'm not going to talk about it too much on the blog, because I'm thinking a teenage Cam would be pissed (hahaha) to find me sharing details here, but let's say it's going slowly.

  • My brother is officially visiting in a few weeks, and I'm really excited. He has identical twin girls who are 12, and I haven't seen them in over 3 years. I think we are going to have a blast.

  • It was SUPER hot here this weekend, but we pretty much spent the whole weekend outdoors - and loved it. I'm glad we did too. Because there was a time before AC and people managed to make it through the summers OUTSIDE. It saddens me how many people hide inside in the summer because it's 'too hot'

  • Saturday we started the day at the local lake. We got there early, about 2 hours before the lifeguards started and met friends there. The kids were having a BLAST playing and I was thinking how perfect the lake was. Maggie and spent a lot of time sticking our faces in the water and blowing bubbles.

  • When the lifeguards did start, they tested the water and shut down the lake for high levels of bacteria. Ew.

  • We had our picnic lunch, and then Maggie went home for a nap, while Cam and I went to a pool party! He had a blast and even tried to jump in off the side (you no touch me Mama.) He had on a life vest, and popped up on his own.... but wasn't a fan.

  • I finally got out of my bathing suit around 4 in the afternoon, and realized that staying in a bathing suit and getting in and out of the water makes a HUGE difference in the staying cool factor.

  • Sunday, we slowly started our day, waiting for a very close friend's daughter's first birthday party in the afternoon.

  • It was a two hour drive to Look Park, but we went on a train ride, sang Happy Birthday and even did the splash park, so the kids had a BLAST.

  • The two hour ride home was torture. Maggie had a blow out poop so we had to stop the car, and both children talked the ENTIRE. RIDE. HOME. I had such a headache when we finally pulled into the driveway. What the hell happened to kids that SLEPT in the car?

  • As I went to bed last night, I realized that we had the perfect summer weekend. So that was cool.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you had fun.