Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers

  • Yesterday was a beautiful day, and I didn't take my bike to work. I was bummed that I didn't get out. I tried to get out of work in time so we could ride together to get the kids, but that didn't work out either. So Aaron and I took the kids to a local park to meet up with friends and have a picnic on the bikes. It ended up being a hilly 9 mile ride. Phew. I don't even think I could have done that 3 weeks ago! It was great.
  • When we went to the Museum of Science a few weeks ago, I told Cam there was a scavenger hunt. It turned out to be a bit to involved for a 3 year old, so we passed on it. But ever since, Cam has been asking to go 'hunting'. Aaron is going to be home a little late tonight, and I'm going to put together a little scavenger hunt for Cam and Maggie to go on after school (little child diversion for missing daddy and fun all at the same time). My plan is to take pictures for each clue, and at the end have a little treasure box for each kid.
  • We are off to the Collings Foundation again this year for Father's Day - this time I'm getting smart and packing a picnic - that will include Jen's Often Requested Pasta Salad.
  • This weekend will also involve gardening. I need to plant a bunch of stuff I got from a friend in my new shade/fairy garden. I promised pictures of my current gardens too! Here are the lilies that are currently blooming. These seem to come up the earliest:

This is a view of lily garden from the front - in the back is an apple tree that we severely trimmed back. We hadn't realized it was an apple tree - so it was about twice this height. When you have apple trees, you want them to be trimmed so that they are short (for access to apples for picking) and flat topped (so sun gets to the middle of the tree).
And this is the view as you walk up the path to the house. I like it a little 'wild' but not as wild as it's been in years past!

The other garden that I love is my day lily garden, but not much is blooming there, so that is a picture for a different day.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Geohde said...

I think your garden looks faulous. I am also rather partial to a Lily garden ;)