- Thursday, I took the kids to a local circus. There was a groupon, so it was $26 for 2 adult tickets and 4 children - plus all you could eat pizza. I was all excited about a cheap night out - but everything else was $6. Want an ice pop (in the 100 degree heat)? $6. Ride on a pony? $6. Three slides down the bouncy slide? $6. Thankfully, I ignored the sign that said no outside food or drink, and brought water bottles for all of us. Cam rode a pony and was SUPER excited. The circus itself was fun, a few acrobats, a couple of animal acts and a funny clown. Maggie was VERY distraught by the trapeze and high wire - Uh oh, Mommy! Tell dem to be careful! And she CRIED like bloody murder when the animal acts left (No! Come back!). Cam and his buddy had a BLAST.
- I don't regret going at all, but damn, it was hot in that tent. It's amazing to me how kids seem to not notice the heat.
- The next day, I had the day off. I was going on a Girl's Weekend to the Cape (a friend has a house there) so in order to avoid traffic I took the whole day. The friend I was carpooling with couldn't leave until noon.
- I spent the morning with another pal watching SYTYCD (saved on the DVR) and getting pedicures.
- Then off to the Cape, where we hit no traffic!
- Spend the weekend, child-free, reading books, going for bike rides and swimming in the ocean. It was heavenly.
- Got home just in time for the Block Party I helped plan, which was also a huge success.
- Monday morning was my first swim team practice - and it was great. I felt awesome during and after - and am looking forward to going again tomorrow!
- Last night, took the kids to member's only night at the New England Aquarium, where Cam was finally brave enough to pet a shark! He was SUPER excited.
- And now, I'm getting ready to take all of next week off - we are planning on going up to the coast of Maine.
- I love summer.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Since I wasn't online Friday and we've done so much these past few days, bullet post it is!