Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers

  • We are getting almost 18 inches of snow right now. They were predicting 5-8, so this is pretty cool.
  • Thankfully, daycare is still open (only a 3 mile drive), so I was able to bring the kids to daycare, and now I'm working from home in front of a nice fire.
  • Last week, we had a babysitter come so we could go see Identify Theft (it's official. I love Melissa McCarthy). It was the first time that we had someone put the kids to bed for us (besides Suzanne), and Aaron was pretty nervous about it. Since they go to bed pretty early, we've always just had the babysitters come at 7, and we've headed out after bedtime. It was a huge success. They loved the babysitter, and were both asleep by 8 PM. As I left, I told her I was fine with it if I came home and the kids were still awake (I feel like a babysitters job is just to make sure the kids are safe) but that she should try to get them to bed by 8. And - they LOVED having her over.
  • The sad news is that she is moving away once the summer comes.
  • Jen had a really great post this week about where we spend our parenting 'energy'. I loved the post, and there were lots of interesting comments. Made me think about where we spend our energy - our financial energy is mostly in education, and the personal energy is really on experiences.
  • It also made me think about all the things I used to think about all the time, and how interesting it is that they just aren't that important to me anymore - I think that's a post for another day.
  • I've been half-heartedly looking for a booster seat for Cam. He is close to 50 pounds and 45 inches tall, and we actually already have a booster seat in Aaron's truck - because we rarely take long trips in it. But I want to keep him in a five point harness as long as possible, and when he does get a booster - I want it to have a headrest so he can still take naps on long car rides. And I found this. It. Is. Epic. A Batman carseat, that is rated for up to 100 pounds. It arrives tomorrow and he is going to flip.
  • I've got both kids signed up for t-ball! Cam is doing a Saturday class with all his daycare buddies, and Maggie is doing one with her friends during the week. And here is where I'm thankful for my great circle of friends. It would be a really tough squeeze time wise to get Maggie to t-ball. It's from 5-6 PM, but it's about a 20 minute drive from daycare. And it's on a day that I usually work in the office. So I'd need to leave the office at 4 PM to make it in time. But my girlfriend is going to run and grab Maggie and take her there, and Aaron will meet them there. And here begins carpools.
  • I did some freezer cooking this week of a few family favorites - and I did the math wrong. My goal was to make 2, three serving meals of the same meals. I ended up making 4, three servings meals... so we'll be eating things like skillet mac and cheese until the end of days.

2 comments:

Carrie27 said...

So jealous of all the snow.

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids.
I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab
inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!


Look at my blog 48214
my web page > 14471