Friday, December 19, 2008

There is something rotting in my Christmas tree

On Sunday, we went out and got our Christmas tree. Brought it in the living room on Sunday night. Monday, there was a somewhat bad smell in the living room, but I figured we have poopy diapers and dogs that haven't had baths in a while....

Tuesday, it smelled like garbage.

Wends it was worse.

Yesterday - it was disgusting. I only was in the living room for maybe 30 minutes and I couldn't take it anymore.

Aaron had pretty much looked everywhere - and couldn't figure it out (we were thinking a dead mouse in the heater or something like that). Finally, out of the fog of sleep deprivation, he put one and one together and realized the smell started when the tree entered the house. And that when he trimmed off the bottom, a birds nest fell out. We took a flashlight and tried to find the source of the rot... one of those times when you both hope you do and don't find the problem? We couldn't find it - so we took off the decorations and took the tree outside.

The smell is now out of my living room - but I have no Christmas tree. I'm not sure it's worth it to get a new one 5 days away from Christmas.

We both has good checkups today - Hulk is living up to his name, and weighs 9.5 pounds! I'm also healing well, and am within 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight,which is cool. OK - off to look in the freezer for food - I'm considering cooking dinner! Shocking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww! We got one on xmas eve last yar (last minute substitution of venue!). I think you can find one!
Good to know all is well.

*Brandi* said...

Well I have to say I would have to get a tree. Of course if you won't be staying home, then it's not worth it. Glad to know you figured out what it was though.

Glad you hear you and Hulk are doing well. You must be feeling better if you're thinking about cooking!

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh my, how awful.

Glad you both are doing well. You sound like you feel much better. Grats on the weight

bleu said...

Take it back and get another free!!!!!!!