Friday, October 22, 2010

Another easy yummy recipe and a thanks

Last night, I made Swiss Chicken. Damn that really is a good, easy dinner. I saw my mom this weekend, and she made this apple dessert that was something I knew that Aaron would love. She gave me the recipe, I made it last night, it worked great with the chicken because I was able to cook them in the same oven. It was easy and tasty.

Swedish Apple Pie

1 egg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 cup apples (I peeled and cut them into chunks)
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1/4 tsp salt

Beat egg until lemon colored and forms a ribbon. (I didn't know what the hell that meant so I just beat the crap out of it)
Blend in remaining ingredients
Spoon into a greased (I used pam) 9 inch pie pan
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

*ETA - This looks really weird and lumpy before you bake it. For me, it barely covered the bottom of the pan. It spreads out during baking.

I'm going to do the tattoo on inside of my right ankle! Now to decide exactly what it's going to look like. Thanks for all your feedback - I'm definitely going to get it a little bigger (don't want it to turn into a blob). And also thanks for agreeing with me that it's a good idea.

8 comments:

Janet said...

This looks like another great recipe. Is there seriously no butter in this??? It doesn't seem like there would be enough liquid ingredients? What does the mixture look like when you spoon it onto the pie pan? Is it really lumpy? Just checking, I'm always looking for quick dessert recipes. I seriously laughed out loud when I read your comment about beating the crap out of the egg.

HereWeGoAJen said...

No, apple pie is no good! I love most other kinds of pie, but for some reason, I cannot stand apple. (No personal offense to your apple pie. I'm sure it is lovely.)

daega99 said...

I am going to have to try your recipe! I love baked apple anything!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Justine L said...

Oh, yum! I've SOOO be craving apple pie lately! Thanks for visiting for ICLW!

Krissi said...

This looks yummy!! I have a tat above my ankle too! Happy ICLW! (#72 & 106)

Janet said...

I made this Friday evening and my hubby asked me if I would make it again last night. Thanks for sharing! So YUMMY!! Love super easy recipes!!

Jamie said...

Thanks!! I'm totally going to make this!! And the swiss chicken!!

weebug said...

i so love the tattoo idea! it is perfect!