Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's important to me

A close friend had a scary incident this weekend, and called me last night. She needed me to drive her to a doctors appointment because she can't drive herself. This isn't my story to tell, but let me just say she is a fiercely independent women, so it takes a lot for her to ask for help.

She was going to call first thing this morning to make the appointment, so I wasn't sure what time or for how long I would be sitting in the doctor's waiting room. Now that I've talked to her more, she sounds OK and we have a plan in place (she is coming home with me tonight so I know she is safe and cared for) I can laugh at how I packed my bag for the unknown.

In my bag was my laptop, my iPhone charger, two muffins, a dozen cookies, a big mug of coffee and a knitting project. With those things, I can pretty much handle anything.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Sounds like you were ready for anything!