Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday night leftovers

  • Now that my car is paid off and I was looking forward to some extra cash, I end up needing a big repair. I just picked up my car and it drives so much better it's like having a new car. So I'm happy.
  • I decided to join #Iwouldrun500miles. I won't be running, I'll be swimming. And since swimming miles are slower than running miles, I committed to 200 miles by the end of the year. If I swim 2 times a week that gives me 3.5 miles a week, which equals 182 miles by the end of the year. But I've been swimming 3 times a week when I can swing a Saturday workout - last week I swam 5.4 miles. So, assuming I swim three times a week when I'm able to - it should all work out. I'm glad to have a goal that isn't insane, but give me something to work towards.
  • Have I shown you guys the wine sippy cup that I found? It's called Vino2go, and couldn't be a more perfect gift for my girlfriends. We go away for that quilting weekend, and we tend to drink while we sew. There have been more than a few close calls with glasses of wine tipping over on quilts/fabric. I was excited to find this!
  • Aaron has been super awesome the last few weeks. Extra helpful and charming. Enough so that I wonder if his New Years resolution was to be an amazing husband. He was great before, but he is just doing a little awesome things that are making my life better.
TGIF!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think I've just found the birthday present for my dad who likes to drink wine in the hot tub!

Carrie27 said...

I think your goal is perfect! I simply want to exercise a couple times a week. I get into a routine, then someone gets sick etc, and I have to get back into my routine. Never ending cycle.