Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers

  • Its been an annoying week. My boss was in town for the first time in 18 months, we managed to have a snowstorm that made driving in that day (when I normally don't) a pain and then Maggie got sent home from daycare with a fever. I'm glad it's Friday
  • Part of my annoying week was my yearly 'Healthcare Assesment' at work. They take your blood pressure, height, weight, and cholesterol. My weight is higher than last year, after working out very regularly since May. Which is super annoying. I was feeling VERY good about myself, I've even been feeling like I've lost weight. I've been buying pants a size smaller. And then I weigh more. It's annoying
  • What is even MORE annoying to me is that I get annoyed by my weight.
  • And then MORE annoying is that I got down on myself and wasn't going to go swimming. But I did and I felt much better after. I need to remember that I swim for how it makes me feel NOT for weight loss exclusively.
  • I got home and realized that it was probably PMS that added to both the weight gain and the bad mood. Stupid hormones.
  • Focusing on the good, I committed to swim 200 miles this year with the group #IWouldRun500Miles, and I've already swum 13 miles - which is nice and ahead of schedule.
  • Maggie hasn't really been eating, and has been waking up super early and climbing into bed with me. The first morning she was still sick, but this morning she wasn't. I know I need to nip this in the bud, but I'm tired and crabby so it was easier to just let her in.
Here's hoping the long weekend help alleviate my crabby mood.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I've always found those healthcare assessment things to not be very accurate anyway.

Image Masking Service said...

Its great and amazing idea. Helpful post, thanks a lot for share with us.

Allison Vaughn said...

My husband has to do healthcare assessments at work, too. I always felt they were a bit invasive. I hope your little one is feeling better soon!

Allison
Book Reviews