Friday, February 15, 2013

Homer Simpson Gift

I know it's Friday, but I have a story to tell.

A couple weeks ago, my laptop died. Well, the video card died and I was forced to take a day off. And I'm at a point in time where I wish I could 'get away' but don't have any plans to do so. So I called my local day spa and set up a massage. It was glorious.

As I checked out, I saw they were running a special for Valentine's day - you could come in with your significant other, use their hot tub and sauna, and then both people get a 1.5 hour treatment. So I signed us up. For this part, you need a little back story. I've always loved getting massages. Loved. Aaron isn't a huge fan of massages - but on our honeymoon we went to the Blue Palace. One of the big draws of this place was the spa, and like a good newlywed he agreed to go to a spa day with me. We both got the same treatments - time in their hot tub, a body scrub and a massage. I came out of the body scrub traumatized with my skin bright red swearing I would never do that again. Aaron? He and his leather skin LOVED it. So I signed him up for a body scrub and myself for a massage, and although I gave it to Aaron as a Valentine's day present, it's about 80% for me. I'm so looking forward to a nice, quiet afternoon with Aaron.

But to make it happen, I needed someone that the kids are comfortable with to pick them up at school and hang out with them until 7. All of my nearby friends were busy and/or going away for the weekend, so I reached out to my buddy Suzanne. She agreed to come out to the 'burbs to hang out with her favorite little people! Now, today just happens to be her birthday, so it's going to be a blast. Aaron took the kids to the dollar store and they picked out a bunch of decorations. I made a cake, and the kids are out of their  minds that not only is Suzanne picking them up at school, but that they are in charge of giving her a party! And then she is SLEEPING OVER!

Kids are easy. (Except for all the things I had to line up to make this all possible, lol).

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That sounds like a great present! I got Matt a sandwich.

Sukey said...

And it was awesome - nothing like having very excited kids to help celebrate your birthday!