Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love

I know, I know. Everyone thinks Valentine's Day is a lame Hallmark holiday, and in some respects, I agree. But on the flip side, it's also a nice excuse to do cute things to make people we love smile. Last year I restarted my tradition of sending something to my friends and it got a great response. A few even said that what I sent them was the only Valentine they received. So I had to keep it up this year!

I made tiny little knitted hearts, and handed them out to my quilting buddies on Tuesday when I saw them. But for the friends on my street, I waited until the mail truck went by, and left them in little envelopes saying that they were from 'Your Secret Admirer'. Just a little fun surprise (and I hope no one couldn't figure out who the admirer was)!

My Valentine morning was super cute, as Aaron gave the kids the task of giving me the presents. Cam woke up first and really wanted to run and wake up Maggie so they could give me their present 'like a team'. Aaron did a great job - Maggie got me a horse charm and Cam got me this cute heart clip. A girlfriend gave me the advice to tell Aaron to get me a Pandora charm bracelet, as it make gift giving from the kids (and Aaron, truth be told) easy - and she was right. The kids LOVE looking at the bracelet for which beads they gave me and I love wearing it.

Hope everyone else has a blast today!

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That sounds like the best idea. :)