Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Life is Good

This morning, I called my RE. He had asked me to call him at the beginning of May to remind him to start my insurance paperwork for IVF. And, also make an appointment for the end of May so we can start planning my protocol. May 29 we will do that.

It's starting to seem real!

Yesterday, I had a really shitty day at work. So shitty, in fact, that I logged off the computer at 3 PM, and decided to go for a walk. I thought I would just go walk to my post office (3.5 miles away), and send a package that had been waiting for me to send for about a week. And, as upset as I was, once I got out in that beautiful weather, finally being able to breathe through my nose (! for the first time in a week!), I was smiling. I feel like I'm back in control of my personal life (not my work life, but that is a whole other post). I'm losing weight, I'm working out (just a year ago I couldn't have even considered going for a 7 mile walk on a whim), we are renovating big parts of our house....

Life is good.

Maybe it's the mental break I'm taking from charting, temping, OPKs, acupuncture.... maybe it's the good feelings I'm getting from working out more.... or maybe it just that spring is finally here in New England. But I feel good for the first time in a while, and it's pretty nice.

It's Wednesday, so here are the stats from last week:
Walking: 4 times (3 three milers, 1 seven mile walk)
Swimming: won't swim with a cold (gross)
Yoga: also won't yoga with a cold (again, gross)
Weight: Lost another 3.5 pounds. 9 pounds away from goal

I'm starting back with yoga tonight, and tomorrow to swimming.

1 comment:

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Thanks for your post on my blog!

Congrats on all of your hard work! Exercising, losing weight, dealing with work and house stress on top of everything else - Good For You!

Best of luck starting IVF soon!