Friday, June 26, 2009

Nursery Progress

This weekend, I have big plans to make some major progress on the nursery for the twins. Such a difference from my pregnancy with Hulk! Didn't want to even start doing anything until I had the Level 2 ultrasound (just to be 'safe'). That thinking kind of backfired on me - with the whole crib delivery crisis. Also - Hulk's room was 'ready to go'. When we bought this house, it had nasty wall to wall carpeting everywhere and each room had it's own version of 70's wallpaper (the living room had 'tree bark', Hulk's room had sailboats, the dining room had apple blossoms, our bathroom had metallic paper!). We had redone Hulk's room 2 years before I even got pregnant - it already had hardwoods floors and was painted.

The twins room? Not so much. I'll take pictures to show you all, but it's the only room in the house that still has wallpaper. It has a NASTY blue carpet (with no pad underneath, nice touch) and this random track lighting on the ceiling. So, there is a lot of work to do. First step is getting MY junk out of the room. I'm hoping to accomplish that over the next two weekends. We shall see.
But! I called back one of the woman from the mother of twins group - she is looking to get rid of a whole nursery set (2 cribs, a changing table and dresser!) for a steal. This is the crib:
And this is one of the dressers:


I'm pretty excited about this - I was resigning myself to either having to pay big bucks for a decent setup for the twins, or cobbling something together that kind of matched.

She still doesn't have the 'big boy/girl' beds to switch her twins into - so we aren't picking them up right away. But that is fine with me, because we don't have the room anywhere near ready either. That is one thing off my mind!

I have my 16 week checkup on Monday... I'll report back how everything is looking.

8 comments:

Beth Kyle said...

that is WAY cool! At least it is one less thing to worry about! Enjoy the checkup...

Carrie27 said...

That's a beautiful set and to get two of them, wow!

We used A's crib for E and then bought K a white crib that converts to a twin bed. We moved A to her own big girl room and bed at 14 months.

Jen said...

I really like the furniture!

Chelle said...

That is awesome about the furniture. Sounds like you will be good and ready in that dept. Good luck with getting the room ready though. I have come to the decision that home-improvement projects in any format suck. Our house is like one giant onion: you think a project will be simply, but the house is so messed up under the paint it turns into a long, massive undertaking. I feel ya there.

Becky said...

Great deal on the furniture, i love the rich dark color!

Beautiful Mess said...

Nice steal! Those are so beautiful. Can't wait to see how your appointment went.
*HUGS*

Tobacco Brunette said...

I'm so behind in my reading, but wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you.

And you, Cece, are a woman of unending energy. I came home from work last night exhausted and I check in here and you're like totally revamping a room for your TWINS. Amazing!

Hope you're feeling well and I love the furniture!

Brandy said...

That's fabulous! What a beautiful crib, I'm sure it will be wonderful.