Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It had to happen

First, in mommy-blogger news, Hulk is totally recovered. No runny nose, poop is normal, and he slept last night from 8 PM to 6 AM. Not a peep all night.

And Aaron is back! He is going to pick up Hulk at daycare tonight, and I can run a few errands. And I won't have to sleep alone tonight.

In 'you knew it had to happen eventually, Cece is freaking out about the babies', news.... I've really been on the ball about things. Cleaning out the yarn room to get ready to start fixing it up. This weekend, I'm going to pick up that nursery set. The smart, practical woman in me knows that I should be doing this. Working on things while I feel good and have energy. Picking up the nursery set before the woman realizes what a steal I'm getting for them and changes her mind(and avoiding me having to go through the drama of ordering them). But then. I look at the empty room, and think - what if something bad happens? Looking at this empty room is going to tear me apart! Moving my stuff back in will be heartbreaking. Knowing I have a whole nursery full of furniture... shouldn't I wait?!

Sigh. I'm going to move forward. It's going to be fine. It's just sad that those thoughts creep in, you know?

3 comments:

Carrie27 said...

I had many of those thoughts, many. I waited until I was 30 some weeks to finally buy the extra carseat, another crib, and stroller. I was paranoid!

Glad to hear Hulk is doing well, and that Aaron is home to help with everything.

Beautiful Mess said...

YAY for Hulk feeling better and Aaron coming home! It'll be a n ice evening for all of you.

I can understand your fears about setting up the nursery. Take a deep breath and move ahead. We'll hold your hand, hon.
*HUGS*

Becky said...

go get the furniture, let your self be happy, i know it's scarry, but your so strong, look what you've been through over the years, just take a deep breath and go slow!