So, I'm somewhat relieved that they finally 'called' it. But then there is the nervous factor in which this was a 5 year, multi-million dollar project that was the stability for our team. Even though we were in banking - we had this project. Now, it's up in the air if my division will keep it. I'm just thankful that about a year ago, when I was asked if I wanted to take on the role of QA Manager for the project - I declined. At the time, many were shocked that I would turn down the opportunity. It was a promotion (but not in my mind - it meant going back to working weekends and go-lives - which are brutal and soul sucking). But I was pregnant, and I didn't want the added stress. After watching the guy they did hire work his ASS off - I know I made the right decision months ago, but now it is even MORE clear.
Back to the good. There are a bunch of things going on with Hulk and the twins that are making me smile.
- Hulk is crawling. But backwards. It is WAY too entertaining to watch him figure it all out. He wants to go forwards, but he ends up moving backwards. He looks at me and is like "What the hell!?" - and I laugh. Hopefully not scarring him for life
- This new found movement makes it so he can entertain himself (!) for long stretches of time... a nice change.
- But... at night, he'll crawl backwards in his crib and get stuck in a corner and cry and cry. Nothing will soothe him - so I end up bringing him to bed with me at 3 AM. Not the best solution (nor a long term one! 3 babies, 2 adults, one bed? I don't think so). Any suggestions? Or is this a 'this to shall pass sort of thing'.
- Hulk is also trying new, more textured foods. Like instead of mashing up a banana, I'll give him a chunk. He'll get it in his mouth and makes this face - like WHAT IS THIS!? And then chew it and have a look of total relief... oh. It's banana. I like banana. And it totally cracks me up.
- I play a new game called 'messing with the twins'. I don't feel them kicking constantly yet, so if it's been a while, I'll drink some OJ, wait 20 minutes, and then they'll go crazy. It's entertainment.
That is all the news here. Lots to do this weekend - we are getting the nursery set, cleaning out the twins room some more, and my mother is coming to babysit so we can go out for Hulk's godfather's birthday. Bring on the weekend!