Thursday, November 12, 2009

Super Fun

Yesterday was Veteran's Day - which meant I got the day off work, and Hulk's daycare was closed, so we had a Mommy Fun Day. It started with Hulk staying at one of my girlfriend's houses while I had a check up and got swabbed for Group B Strep (fun fun). HE had a blast - my friend has 4 teenage girls and they loved playing with him.

From there, we headed out to do some shopping... but it was mostly with gift cards - so basically FREE shopping. I got new duds for Hulk (including a new pair of walking shoes), some new nursing PJs for the hospital for me (a gal can hope, right?), a new video game for Aaron, and a bunch of stuff we needed from BRU. Hulk seems to love shopping -so much to see!

We then went to Nina's and participated in a SUPER fun Mover's and Shaker's play group - I've never really gotten to sit back and watch Hulk play - and he had so much fun! It ended with him getting bitten by another kid (poor guy) but I think the other mother was more traumatized than either Hulk or I was. At Nina's I got couple sweet coming home outfits for the girls, and new bras! Hurrah!!!!! Why I ever waited so long on the bra front is beyond me....

We got home around dinner time nice and tired out from all the fun. I only have a few more things that I want to get wrapped up before the girls come in 20 days! I'm hoping that it isn't sooner, as my blood pressure is still moving up - today it was 140/79. We shall see - I peaked at 180/100 with Hulk. Maybe I should pack a bag for the hospital?

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

My opinion is always that if you pack the bag, you won't need it, but if you don't pack it, you will.

Jen said...

Definitely pack a bag. You've got 2 in there. You could go at any time!

emily said...

Pack while you have your wits about you... I was SHOCKED at how much faster things progressed the second time around!