- Getting Hulk an 'I'm a big brother' shirt to wear. This proved rather difficult, as I left it really to today to go looking, and they didn't have them at BRU. Or Target. Or Carters. Or Walmart. I finally found one at Gymboree. Hopefully their 2T doesn't run huge - I have it on hold and will pick it up on my way to get Hulk from daycare.
- I got Hulk a special Birthday Boy romper - but I wanted him to wear it both on the 4th to school (it's a Friday, so it's the day BEFORE his birthday) and on his actual birthday, the 5th. So I was going to ask his godmother to run a load of laundry that night so he would have a birthday outfit for the day of his birthday. But today, I found a very sweet My 1st Birthday onsie for him to wear Saturday.
- Other birthday related items - I got a cake pan in the shape of the number one - Aaron has agreed to make a cake to bring to daycare on Friday and another to bring to the hospital for a little family party on Saturday. I got candles and plates... and that is the extent of my 1st birthday party plans. I think we'll open presents when we get home with the girls on Sunday.
- Baby food. The kid has enough food to get him through me being in the hospital. I had obsessively made a HUGE amount before I stopped working, and then realized that I still had 3 weeks to go... so I made more last night. And now we are good through when I'm back home. Although I'll probably make MORE this weekend so I don't have to worry about it right away.
- Hulk's sleeping. Of course, he went from sleeping reliably from 7 PM to 6AM to waking up in the middle of the night because he has a cold and was coughing. That seems to have calmed down - so I don't have to worry about my Aunt or his godmother dealing with a fussy baby in the middle of the night.
- Hulk's eating. He went from shoveling food in for dinner to refusing to eat at night. Thankfully the last two nights we seem back to normal. I was picturing my poor Aunt sitting there trying to get him to eat to no avail. Phew.
- My bag is packed. I have new nursing PJs for the hospital and books to read and knitting to bring. I even packed shampoo and lotion and all the little things that I forgot last time. I have the batteries charged for my camera.
I think that's it! Am I a freak or what? The food and sleeping things I feel are OK to obsess over - but his outfits? What is WRONG with me?