Friday, September 17, 2010

Random

Loads of different things going on in my head today:
  • Last night I dreamt that I lost Cam. I was watching him from a distance, watching his little red head play... and when he turned, it WASN'T Cam. All night, in my dream, I searched and I searched and I couldn't find him. It sucked. Thing that helped to freak me out - is that is usually how I watch Cam. He is almost always the only redhead - so if I see a red head in the sea of people playing, I know he is OK.
  • Tomorrow is my birthday. I turn 35. Phew. This year has really aged me! When I blow out my candles, I'm wishing for a low key year, please.
  • I'm feeling pretty loved this weekend. Today, my quilting friends are going out to lunch with me, my friend Suzanne is taking me out to breakfast tomorrow, my mom is visiting and has planned out all meals while she is here. Apparently I'm eating my way through my birthday.
  • I went for a nice long walk on Weds, and yesterday I was so sore I couldn't think about doing it again. Sigh. It takes no time at all to get out of shape.
  • All the new to me clothes are packed away and old stuff put in boxes to leave the house. That is the beauty of knowing you are done with kids - the second something is outgrown it leaves! And having loads of friends with baby girls helps. The stuff Maggie outgrows goes to our best friends daughter, Stella. The stuff I just got that Maggie isn't ready for? My friend down the street with a daughter Cam's age gets it for now. And some other things that Stella will never fit into got shipped to a baby girl in Florida whose mom is has hit financial hard times. If I were a superhero, I'd be BabyClothes Woman!
  • Of course, with Cam, I don't have anyone to hand stuff down to, so I think I'm going to drop them off at the local consignment shop. Anything they don't want will get dumped in the donation bin.
  • I invited everyone I know to a Halloween party at our house. I didn't really think about it in advance, but there is a possibility that 100 people will be there. My plan was to have ribs for the adults, pizza for the kids, and stay outside. Aaron brought up the point - how the hell will he cook enough ribs for 60+ adults? What if it rains? Or is cold? I'm wondering how many people will show up. Like Suzanne says - it'll either be a big success or a good story.

4 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

Hope you have a GREAT Birthday!! Eating your way through your birthday sounds like a good plan to me!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy almost birthday!

The Halloween party sounds like fun! I totally want to have a huge Halloween party someday. (I have to wait until we live somewhere long enough to know people. I could have one this year, but who would I invite?)

Mon said...

Happy Birthday ! You are exactly one month and one day younger than me. Good times ! And I also have nightmares. The other day I watched Moesha play by the stairs at a river and I could see her falling in and sinking. I jumped in and I tried to catch her but the current kept taking her away and I didnt know if I should continue trying to get her or float up and scream for help. The whole day after that dream I had a very uneasy feeling.

Carrie27 said...

Happy birthday tomorrow! I think a low key year is definitely in order.

I love being able to send the kids' clothes to people I know because I know they are getting used and are appreciated.