Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. It wasn't too much different than any other weekend in terms of being nice to Momma - things here are always a good balance. Aaron is a great, supportive, husband - and my kids are in general awesome. But as I mentioned - I did get to pick up my bike this weekend! And man did we have fun.
 Maggie LOVED being on the back - but we knew that after the Nantucket trip last year. It's a huge difference from my fast road bike from the olden days, but I'm getting used to it and loving pedaling around town. I was more nervous about Cam's situation - he is too big for a toddler seat - but the ride behind looked SO big on the back of Aaron's bike.
 We went for a little test ride, and Cam loved it. It was the cutest thing you've ever seen. When Aaron would pedal, Cam would pedal. When Aaron would coast, Cam would coast. And a huge smile on his face the whole time. We went for a nice long ride both days. I look forward to riding much more!

We also planted flowers near Nora's tree - and Cam asked a lot more questions about Nora. But mostly to Aaron (while I was out riding my bike). As time passes, it's easier to talk about it. I didn't even think about it when we bought these on Saturday that we would be planting them on Mother's Day weekend. In past years, that would have been too much for me. But this year, it was fine.
Two happy, healthy children planting flowers. Can't ask for more.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That looks like a great weekend!

Janet said...

Love Aaron's tatoo on his leg. I keep thinking I'm going to do it, but can't get up the courage.

Carrie27 said...

I want a bike - but I need my three to get a little faster on their bikes and to figure out hills, since that is all we are surrounded by. Glad you had a great day.