Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers

  • Monday I took my mom to the Red Sox. We had SO much fun. My mom loves going to Fenway, and she always makes friends. By the end of the game this time, mom had all the surrounding people calling her Aunt Ruth and buying her beers.
  • I have worked out every day this week. I went swimming Monday - Wends and yesterday, on a whim, I went to yoga. It was brutal, but great. I slept without moving for 9 hours last night.
  • Needless to say, I plan on adding yoga into my mix. I even plan on going today at lunch.
  • Wednesday night, we had the first meeting of a book club that I decided to start. It was a HUGE success. 5 of the 10 women live on my street. All of the woman have kids in the same age range (2-5). It was awesome.
  • I made about 2 gallons of sangria and we drank it all. Thursday morning was a little ugly.
  • Having this great group of woman made me realize (yet again) that we live in the best place. I would never move. I've mentioned this before, but we just lucked into this house. I had no idea the neighborhood I picked would be this amazing, and filled with so many fun women.
  • It also makes me excited for my kids childhood. On my street alone, there are 3 other kids Cam's age and 4 Maggie's age. Where I grew up, I was the ONLY kid my age on the street. It sucked. And I like all the mother's of these kids too - which is a huge plus.
  • The weekend is Wash the Firetruck Day in our town. The level of excitement for this event in my house is unmeasurable.
  • I've only been able to watch the Olympics in stolen moments off the DVR... but damn do I love the summer Olympics.
  • I have to say, it's nice to have the ability to fast forward through the interviews and commentary!
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wash the Firetruck Day? For serious, I am excited.