Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers

  • I just watched all of Season 2 of Downton Abby by binge watching the whole season on DVD. That show is awesome.
  • But it has occurred to me, as I've been going through my week, which included working, prepping the house for a visit from my mother, cooking meals for the freezer, doing laundry, making items for a busy bag swap and shipping off packages.... that I am SEVERELY understaffed. Anyone want to go into service for Lady Cecelia? (for free, I must add).
  • I'm currently working from the clubhouse at the Lake. I've left the kids alone with Grandma. This is a first.
  • She's mentioned to me multiple times that my brother never left her alone with the kids, and I know it breaks her heart a little. So, now that both kids are pretty reasonable, I'm hoping it's a good experience all around. At a minimum, we'll all appreciate each other more at the end of the day.
  • I'm right now watching her walk the kids to the lake. It's too cute. I can see them all at the beach from where I'm sitting and it's better than TV.
  • She was talking for weeks leading up to this visit how she would take them to some event in town. I just kept saying, sure Ma. And then let her spend last night and this morning with them. She changed her mind, and now isn't leaving the area with them. Hahaha.
  • Aaron is joining us up here Saturday morning, and we are going to the drive-in for a date night. We'll go in his truck and sit on our beach chairs in the back. I can't wait.
  • Next week is the last week of my summer swim team. I'm pretty bummed, but will join them again in the fall for another 2 days a week. So glad I got back into swimming!
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I need to start my freezer cooking soon, so you'd better send me some staff as well.

A drive-in date night sounds awesome!