Monday, October 8, 2007

Phew!

That was a bit of a blogging break, I guess! I was frantically knitting on a shawl to wear to a family wedding this past weekend, and didn't have time for blogging. Check it out here.

Anyway! Thursday was the IVF class at my clinic, and although taking 4 hours in the middle of a workday kind of sucked - all in all it was really good for both Aaron and I. I was forced to give myself a shot - which wasn't as scary as I thought, and Aaron got to know all the nitty gritty details for the whole process. He kept on saying over and over again how we should call our old clinic and tell them they should do something like this.

My protocol is Lupron for 10 days (minimum) and then follistim. After ER (or ET?) I'll start the progesterone shots. It all sounds scary and exciting at the same time... but I feel ready for it!

In other news, on Thursday night I got offered a new job (same company, different job). It's a quandary for me. I would be going from my current job, where I have 15 people that I manage to an individual contributor - but in charge of a big project with a HUGE budget. There are pros and cons to both - but currently, I'm bored in my job, and the politics in my department kind of suck. But, we are high profile and do good work. My new job would be project management (a highly portable skill) where I would be interacting with new people and learning a whole new skill set. Of course, I would love to be able to wait a month or so to decide. But - I know I will regret not at least seriously considering it.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

Glad your class went well and you're starting everything

Job decisions are tough, especially when you've got a ton of other things on your plate. Would one be better/easier to deal with in light of everything else that is going on in your life? Last May I got offered 2 jobs, one for program director, which would have been fantastic, the other as the clinical coordinator. I turned down the director position because I knew it'd be more stressful, I'd need to take lots of time off, etc

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Samantha said...

Good luck with the job decision. Why can't these things ever come at a good time? But they never do.

Christy said...

I'm glad your class went well. Good luck as you begin this IVF journey. It sounds like you have lots to think about with a new job. I'm confident you will make the best choice for yourself. Just follow your heart.

Geohde said...

The jabs get so easy-peasy that you'll be shooting up in the bizzarre-st of locales in no time :)

Only 10 days of lupron? Lucky duck :)

J

Anonymous said...

Those early shots are NOTHING! Nothing I say! I think I had a very similar protocol. Lupron, then Follistim. It was a while ago though.

GOOD LUCK! Take care of yourself. I was so wrapped up in the physical aspects of the whole thing, I sort of ignored how emotionally and mentally taxing the whole experience can be. The physical part is actually the easy part.

Thanks for the comment today!

Unknown said...

You need to go with your gut on the job thing. I agree with others, it may make sense to go with whatever sounds less stressful...plus once you have a baby, you will want a stress free work environment!

I am right behind you, I am on BCP and I am waiting to get my protocol details...good luck with everything!