Tuesday, October 30, 2007

just breathe...

ETA: My estradiol is up to 391 (from 98 on Sunday) with 4 measurable follies over 10mm (with more than 5 under 10mm on each side).That seems like good news to me! Back in for bloodwork and u/s on Thursday morning.Grow follies grow!!

That was on the socks that my hypnotherapist was wearing yesterday. Mostly - she talks to me and calms me down... and then does a little hypnosis. But this time, she used a new technique called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) - and it's awesome! I guess I should preface this by saying that when someone first suggested I try hypnotherapy, I was a HUGE skeptic. After my first session of hypnosis - I was a total believer! I felt so relaxed, and didn't even feel like I was under for 30 minutes - felt like maybe 5.

Back to the EFT. At a high level, you say out loud your fears (for me, I'm worried this IVF cycle won't work, I'm freaked out, I'll feel all tied up in knots, I'm nervous I've cursed myself) and tap the side of your hand. And then tap other areas of your body. The bad feelings slowly melted away. I have no idea how this stuff works, but it does. I do know that by saying my fears out loud, I did hear how crazy some of them are! Love it.

This morning I went in for my bloodwork and u/s. I'm on day 8 of stims now. Unlike my other clinic - this place doesn't let you see the screen during the u/s. And she wouldn't even tell me how many follies she saw...said the doc had to read it. But, she did do a bunch of measurements... so I'm hoping I have some promising follies growing. I'll just have to wait until my nurse calls this afternoon.

6 comments:

JJ said...

Grow follies grow=) Hope the report is good!

Geohde said...

:)

You'll get ther Mz Cece, The VNOD awaits!

J

ultimatejourney said...

I'm glad things are moving along better on the higher dose of meds! Keep up the good work, ovaries!

Unknown said...

CeCe, I am so glad things are looking up! Everyone responds differently. That "Emotional Freedom Therapy" sounds really interesting. When I got my MS in counseling, we learned about this thing called EMDR or "Eye Movement Desensitizing and Reprocessing" that sounds kind of similar. http://www.emdr.com/
You talk out loud about your fears and worries, or an emotional trauma and really concentrate on it. Meanwhile the therapist is moving his or her arm or hand back and forth, and you are supposed to follow the movement with your eyes. Something about this eye movement while concentrating on the bad thoughts helps to erase them. I am not sure how it works, but people were raving about it. I totally forgot about it until just now!

Christy said...

Way to go follies! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cece - I was just checking your blog for the first time in a while (looks like things are going going going!!!) and had to comment b/c i have totally done that EFT thing...It's crazy huh???? it does this strange thing where it mellows you out in this way that nothing else really does. Sometimes it would make me feel like I was on some kind of drug or something - don't ya think?