Friday, August 8, 2008

He got it!

Aaron starts his new job on the 25th! It's a crazy awesome opportunity - and is going to be a big change for him - going from a huge corporation to a place with 15 people total.... but we both think it's totally the right thing for him. And us. The hours may be rough at first, but Aaron was never one to work a short day - but I think the work environment and just the getting away from the almost poisonous atmosphere of his current job is going to be HUGE.

Of course, we celebrated last night by going to his favorite restaurant, and he had two beers. After which he was tipsy (which is always fun with Aaron) and we went in search of an iPhone for him. I already have one - and with his current job, has a blackberry - and is one call 24X7. This new job - not a requirement. So he wants to get a whole new phone and ditch that old number - and of COURSE wants the awesome new iPhone. He deserves it. We couldn't find it last night... but I'm sure he'll have one by the end of the weekend.

I also had good news this week. My boss was in town, and thankfully the re-org appears to be going in a way that will be perfect for me. In my mind, I could see no other way for it to go, but the guy on the team we got in the re-org was SO sure he was going to be my new 'boss'. And I talked to a few managers who were involved in the decision, and they would say things like 'We want to make them comfortable with the change'. And I was like - what about making the people who've worked with you for 5 years comfortable!? Geez. So that was a little touch and go for a while - but it all worked out in the end.

My yoga class last night was good - I think I'll go again. I've definitely lost a lot of flexibility since I was going to Bikram, and I had a lot of trouble breathing in child's pose. Wow. The belly is an interesting obstacle when getting into certain positions. But - I'd had a really stressful day, and it was a nice way to wind down.

Hurrah for a new job! Hurrah for the weekend!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats to Aaron on the new job! Sounds like it will be a great change for both of you.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, that is a bunch of good news! Congratulations to both of you!

Geohde said...

:)

Yay!!

Great news all round, lovely Cece,

xx

J

Chelle said...

Congrats on the new job! That is wonderful news!

Good to hear the re-org at work sounds like it will be a good thing too. That word always scares me a bit, since my experience with it generally means the company is slowly going down the crapper.

I love yoga. I've thought about going because it really does relax you and increase your muscle tone flexibility. I've found that I really enjoy water aerobics just as well too.

Hope you had a good celebration!

tobacco brunette said...

Congratulations on the new gig. Sounds like a great opportunity for you guys.

Chastity said...

Congratulations to your hubby on his new job!!