Saturday, August 2, 2008

How going the the ER is a good thing

When my nurse called me back on Friday, she mentioned a few things I should try to help out my stomach pain. I'm not going into details, but one idea was rather unpleasant. None helped. She called me back at 4 PM to see how I was doing, and I said no better. She wanted me to go into the ER to have them check a few things... which I was glad for - as I didn't want to go the whole weekend feeling so crappy.


The doctors office even called ahead, which was nice - they were expecting me at the ER. Everyone was nice and friendly... and it wasn't busy. All good things. The doc who saw me was positive there was nothing wrong baby-wise, but were going to listen for the heartbeat anyway. Their doppler SUCKED and the first nurse that tried couldn't find it. I wasn't THAT nervous as I had felt movement as I was sitting there... but still.


After ruling out a bowel obstruction (and the yucky yucky solution to that issue), the one thing left was possible gallstones - so I had to get an ultrasound. Now - the u/s tech told me that she couldn't legally sneak a look at the baby - but by the end of the exam, I had used my considerable charm, and lookie what I got:



That is my little one's face, with his/her arms up! How freaking awesome is that!!!

So - sure, it sucked to have to go to the ER. But getting to see my baby on 3d? So cool!

The final verdict was acid reflux, which I've never had before. I'm on Zantac, and feeling a lot better (thank god).

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Aww he/she is so cute!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm glad they solved it and you are feeling better!

Beautiful!

Chastity said...

At least something great came from the trip to the ER! Just too cute!!

Sorry to hear about the acid reflux. It happens to the best of us. Mine isn't painful, fortunately, but it's definitely uncomfortable. Mine gets a lot worse at night.

Geohde said...

I never got a 3D, how gorgeous :)

Oh, and I had the reflux from hell, but it does go away post partum,

xx

J

Jen said...

Going to the ER must be better when you can get a sneak peek at your little one. I'm glad it wasn't gallstones, and I hope the Zantec keeps the acid reflux away.

amysue said...

What a sweet face! I'm glad the Zantac is working and really glad it wasn't an obstruction or gallstones. I hope that's the only drama for you this trimester!

Vikki a.k.a "V" said...

Adorable! Medicine is amazing isn't it?

Sukey said...

Wonderful picture! It brought tears to my eyes - I'm so happy to see Braun junior. Can't wait until December!