Wednesday's are for random stuff in Blogland, and I've got plenty of random to go around. Here we go:
1. My first stretch marks have arrived. I guess that means that the baby is growing, and I'm not super upset about it. I'm really fair - so I knew this was coming. I hope that it doesn't get too ugly by week 40!
2. I'm going to give prenatal yoga a try tomorrow night - I'm excited for it. I love yoga, and haven't done it in a bit.
3. I woke up this morning at 4 am STARVING. I'm guessing another indication that the baby is growing? Aaron was also awake, he had a headache. He went downstairs and got me one of those sausage and pancakes on a stick. I fell right back to sleep.
4. I have found out that I am the goddess of shopping. On two different shopping trips, I've gotten the most amazing deals. Aaron and I needed a new duvet (our old one ripped). I am a quilter, and am in the process of making a really nice quilt for our bed - but we still need a duvet for warmth. But it won't show - so can just be plain. I spent a good 20 minutes trying to decide how much I was willing to pay for this thing.... and finally, painfully, decided to get the $150 one (not the cheapest, not the most expensive). I went to pay... and noticed the price tag on it said $99.99! Even though it rang up at $150, they had to give me the $99.99 price. I saved $50!!!!!! Woot.
Fast forward 2 days. Lord Henry, as I like to call our younger dog, likes to get up in bed in the morning. Oftentimes, he is dirty/slobbery and will get the duvet dirty, which then involves me jamming a king sized comforter into my not so high capacity washing machine. I was complaining to my friend, and she said I should just get a duvet cover (duh). I go back to the same store. At first, the only covers I find were $100. Way more than I wanted to spend. After much searching, I find one that is $30. that seemed reasonable. I go to checkout. It rang up for $15!!!!!!
Is it wrong that I am SO happy about this?!?
5. I'm also super happy about the current state of my peach tree. In about a day - I'm going to have a ridiculous amount of peaches, ready to be picked. I'm planning on making LOADS of peach items - jam, cobbler, crisp - and then canning/freezing them to enjoy in the winter, when peaches suck. Hurrah!
OK - guess that's it for now.... I'm so happy only 2 more work days this week!