Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Aaron sent me an email a few weeks back, and asked if I wanted to go to the Red Sox on Mother's Day. Honestly, no. I didn't. But I knew my mother would want to - and she was ecstatic about it.

I'm sure it's the same in other cities,but when you go into the Boston for a Red Sox game, you need to gird your loins. Parking is at least $20, a beer inside the park is $8, and traffic SUCKS. And I'm not even an obsessive fan.

But MAN! Did we have fun!
Mom met me at 10, played with the kids for a little bit, and we headed off to the city.No traffic. Got near Fenway, and I pulled into a parking lot - and they said $45. HELL NO. Pulled out? And what was right there? A free, on street parking spot. Didn't even have to feed the meter - it was a Sunday!!!!

We had a nice lunch at a pub, got into the park right for the beginning of the game, and just had a wonderful time. The people sitting next to us were VERY sweet, and turned out there her brother is the Fire Chief in our little town - what are the odds?

We got home right as the kids were finishing up dinner - mom got to see Cameron's BIG BOY BED* and then she headed home. We all went outside and planted flowers under Nora's tree - which look beautiful, and was a total non-event. We told Cam that this was Nora's tree, and that Nora was his sister. He paused. said Norwa? And then turned away and said - I have shovel! Wanna dig! So that was a lot of stressing for nothing.

* Cam has had a big boy bed in his room forever because I had visions of him climbing out of his crib since he is so tall. He never attempted once (which I think is because he is still is in a sleep sack). It takes up a lot of room, and he really had finally started to show signs of being ready for it. On Friday night, we put him in it - and it took Aaron a little bit to leave him - but he napped in it fine the next day. So Aaron took out the crib on Sunday! And he is SO proud of himself. 'I seep in BIG BOY BED!' he tells anyone he sees.

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am glad you had a good time! Happy Mother's Day.

I think that is what I want it to be- a non-event. Just mentioned casually so that Luke is always part of her vocabulary and never a big deal.

Carrie27 said...

So glad you had a good time!

BigP's Heather said...

Glad you had a good time. LOVE the photo!!!

Tara said...

That sounds like an absolutely perfect mothers day.

Great photo.