Well, let's list out the shitty things that have happened in the past 72 hours.
2. Main Septic line on house backed up (fixed, thankfully)
3. Dog peeing all over house
4. Cece gets car stuck in snow
5. Aaron breaks shear pin on snowblower (while trying to get car unstuck)
6. MIL visits (OK, that wasn't all that shitty, but I had to throw it in)
7. Melting snow/ice combo leaks water into new addition
Each night we go to bed and figure that nothing else bad can happen, can it? Thankfully, today is finally going smoothly. We are cooking dinner for some friends, my mom is here and being the right level of 'annoying mother' to make it fun... and all the presents are wrapped under the tree.
The piece of good stuff I wanted to tell you all about? The Gathering Kitchen. It's is even better than it sounds. You go to this place, they have all the ingredients and spices and everything you need right in front of you, chopped and ready to go! Nothing could be easier! And the portions are for 4 - 6 people, so I got 2 or 3 meals out of each! I'm totally planning on going each month.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve - I hope nothing else decides to go wrong. I'm a little nervous - because Aaron decided that right now, 2 hours before guests arrive, was the right time to install a new light in the dining room. Fingers crossed.