Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'm an ass

I can't let myself me happy about my pregnancy! It's annoying! The spotting continued yesterday (but has almost totally stopped today) and even though I was told to expect it... I didn't know how LONG was normal.

Also - my nausea? It's more in the form of *burp*, *BURP*, *BURP*, *GROSS BURP*. Do you know what I mean? I'm not throwing up... but there is a lot of burping and the occasional gross, throw-upy kind of burp.

But yesterday, one of my neighbors stopped by with this really cool pregnancy journal thing - it tells you what is happening every single day. And has a bunch of good tips (like don't drink water WITH food - I have noticed that increases the chance of gross burps).

Aaron is SO positive and optimistic that he's kind of forcing me to be too... and I have no real reason to think that everything isn't just fine... but I'm nervous. You know what I mean?

10 comments:

hammygirl said...

I know what you mean. When you've had a loss (or losses) before, and waited so long for this, it's hard not to be terrified even when there isn't a specific reason to be. And from what I've heard, it doesn't ever really go away. Best we can do is hang on tight and try to enjoy the ride the best we can!

Unknown said...

It is totally understandable to be nervous after wanting this for so long. I would worry about you if you weren't nervous! Sorry about the burping problem...but you did make me LOL. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think you'd be a bit strange if you weren't worried. Maybe as strange as the idea that drinking water WITH food causes issues - who knew!

Jill Tice said...

I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!! I have no sickness AT ALL and I am going INSANE!!! I barely talk about being pregnant with my hubby. I finally mentioned it to our son the other night.

Mommy Someday said...

I can totally relate to that "Burp" nausea thing. I have the exact same thing! No puking, but lots of burping and gross burps.

May said...

It doesn't really go away. You just learn to live with it. Don't feel bad about not being able to enjoy it yet-- you will, eventually. It just takes a really, really long time if you're an IF or RPLer. A big turning point for me was being able to feel the baby move. That contant reassurance that they're still alive and kicking did a lot.

Serenity said...

Yep - know exactly what you mean. I'm 23 weeks on Saturday, and it's only been recently where I've actually been able to get excited at the prospect of maybe bringing home a baby.

But then, see? I put "maybe" in there too.

Hang in there, ok? And with the gross burps... try one or two TUMS. You might have a case of acid reflux right now, versus m/s. Happened to me, actually...

amysue said...

I totally get it. I think I told you that a part of me, even as we flew to China, was convinced something would go wrong. All I can say is nearly 12.5 years later, I am totally secure as a Mom but I have a whole new set of worries!
Hang in there!

Geohde said...

You're not an ass in the least.

Heck, if I ever get preggers again, I think I may have to pull a Cruise and get an u/s machine.

J

Morrisa said...

I think it is totally normal for you to be nervous. Hang in there! I am thinking about you and sending prayers your way!