Friday, November 21, 2008

38 weeks

Thought I would throw up my last bathroom self-portrait, as today is my last day of working in the office! Here I am at 38 weeks:

Wow. I certainly can't be accused of being small, lol.

My boss is super understanding, and when I suggested a while back that I start working from home 2 weeks before my due date - he was totally fine with that. It isn't like my desk job is demanding on my body - but the 25 minute drive to the office, the 1/4 mile walk from the parking lot, the hike from my desk to the bathroom... by the end of the day, it all adds up to making me REALLY tired. Plus - the lovely ankle swelling, since I can't put my feet up at my desk.

It's really going to be weird for me to not come into the office for over 3 months! The longest I've gone without working since I graduated from college is a 2 week vacation. I know that maternity leave isn't 'vacation' but it certainly isn't going into a corporate office every day! It's going to be quite a change for me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Aaron and I are planning on going to the store and getting our final few items for the baby. Aaron is going to paint that wall in the baby room, and I'm going to put up the decals on the wall, along with putting away the gifts/clothes that are in the main part of the nursery. So - even though the furniture still isn't here - I'll feel like some progress has been made. And we are also going to get some pictures taken of Aaron and I by a photographer friend! We haven't had any good pictures taken of us since the wedding... and I wanted a nice picture of me all pregnant. Hopefully they come out well.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Happy last day of work in the office! I'm sure you will enjoy your time away. Good luck getting your projects finished this weekend.

*Brandi* said...

I never thought of suggesting I work from home for a few weeks. I'm the first girl, let alone pregnant girl to ever be in my department, I wonder what they'll say. I've been trying to get a laptop from them for years now, maybe this will work. Enjoy your weekend together, it may be the last!!!

Em said...

Hi CeCe:

You probably don't remember me at all; I was Emily Dunn at the time, and my friend Gill Grant and I were on Team Envision with you. We came to your house once to knit a long long time ago. Regardless, I wanted to come on and give my best wishes to you. I found your blog about a year ago as I was struggling to get pregnant with my daughter, who was born in August. It was a weird coincidence to find your blog on google and think, Wow, I think I know that person! Anyway, I've been following your whole pregnancy and am wishing you the best of luck as you step into the secret society of women known as mothers. There's nothing like it in the world. On your blog you're the true definition of a "trooper" and gave me a lot of hope when I was struggling to get pregnant.

I have a picture of myself up on my blog http://growingasmalley.blogspot.com if my name rings a bell but my face doesn't :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

You look great! It is terrific that you get to work from home for a while.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!

Happy last day at the office!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Happy last day! Mine was unplanned, since after hearing an irregular heartbeat on the doppler at our 39 week appointment, I just never went back, and it still feels strange and abrupt.

You look great! I still wish I had done real pregnancy photos (ie not just belly shots) -- I hope the ones of you and Aaron come out beautifully.

bleu said...

YAY for no more office. You look so adorable!!!

Samantha said...

Enjoy your time working from home. I may suggest that as well for me as my date draws nearer!