Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yep, I have a back up camera.

Well, this morning was awesome. I woke up at 5:30, and couldn't get back to sleep. I was both hungry, and had a bunch of stuff running through my head that I wanted to get done today. I had some boxes I wanted to bring to the garage, a slow cooker meal to get started, laundry to start, sewing gear out of the dining room (we may need that for dinner tomorrow, lol) and general clean up. I also wanted to get gas and hit the grocery store. I pretty much got that underway, and left at 7 for the doctors (and get gas and the grocery store).

At the gas station, I managed to back up into a van (yep - I didn't even look back OR use my back up camera! WTF! I'm a better driver than that!). No damage to the van, but I dented my bumper. I was pretty upset, but not hurt or anything. When they took my blood pressure at the doc's office, I was at 160/100. Whoops! Which apparently gets you a trip to L&D to be monitored. By the time I left, my BP was down to 111/55 - but they want me to stay on 'modified bed rest' until I go back for a recheck on Saturday. Which kind of works out nicely - no cooking or cleaning allowed! Of course - that is what I did with my morning... but I called my Mom (who is arriving tonight), and she is all upset too. I feel like I'm going to be treated like a princess for the next 48 hours.

I may or may not take advantage.

In exciting baby news, my neighborhood pregnant buddy had her baby last night - a little girl - 6 lbs, 12oz. Her due date was this upcoming Friday - so I know she is happy to have her here! Hurrah for new babies.


Jen said...

Argh! But I am going to look on the bright side and be glad that it was only a dent in a parking lot and not worse.

Cathy-Cate said...

From the title, I thought you were going to say you had an extra (i.e. backup) camera for L&D (Labor & Delivery)! Oops.

Remember, you did say you were going to hit the grocery store. But not the gas station, and not literally....

I meant to tell you, after the crib post, that my oldest didn't sleep in her crib in her nursery until she was four months old. It wasn't a crib issue, though. It was that when my husband was fixing up the room that was to be her nursery in our old Victorian house, he pulled off the ancient wallpaper -- and the wall came with it. The plaster literally crumbled, down to the studs. The wallpaper had been holding it together! That led us to find out that there was a water leak in the wall, which was because the flashing had pulled away from the chimney, which was because the chimney had settled, which was because the base of the chimney had melted (you could scoop the brick with your finger), which was because there were no fricking gutters on the house and no plantings around the foundation, so water had been seeping around the basement for years. The chimney was hidden behind the water softener, so we (& the inspector) didn't see all this when we bought it (and the house is really tall, so no one saw the chimney top).

Thus, obviously, it took a while to get all that sorted out. (Still isn't all fixed, actually. But mostly.) So Miss Rose slept in our room for the first four months and got changed on a dresser!

Frieda said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving break. Fiberfishling will be here before you know it.

tobacco brunette said...

Hope you're taking advantage of the princess treatment.

Happy Thanksgiving!

sarah said...

I keep checking in to see if the big event has happened yet! I hope the bedrest is going well.