Monday, November 10, 2008

Approaching 'ready'

This weekend, I sorted through all of the baby stuff. I have gotten a bunch of hand-me-downs lately (one advantage of taking forever to get pregnant!). I now pretty much feel totally ready for this baby to arrive. I have the car seat (not installed, but whatever), the Amby Baby bed. Plenty of clothes. I washed all the sheets and blankets and clothes. The nursery isn't ready yet - but the crib still hasn't arrived. (that is a whole other story - it was supposed to take 12 weeks tops - now we are looking at 14 - but they are assuring me free delivery). Once it does, Aaron and I will really only need a few hours to set everything up - the room is all put together... I just need to decide on placement of everything, and that is no big deal.

I've gone from the stage of freaking out that I'm going to have a real baby all of my own - to a kind of excitement to meet the little one. This upcoming weekend I'm going away with some girlfriends, and it feels like a last hurrah - kind of like the last hurrah I had before my transfer? Like, I know things are going to change, but it's a good change. One I'm excited for, have planned for, and now am finally READY for. But - I'd prefer to wait at least another 20 days or so. Mommy would like for the crib to be here and stuff. Maybe I should pack my hospital bag.....

6 comments:

Deborah said...

What are you using as a list for your hospital bag? Can you ask friends for advice (or blog readers)? I used a list that I got at childbirth class and way overpacked. The one thing I didn't have that I wished I did was a razor. I don't want to give lots of unsolicited advice, so I am just wondering how you're going about that.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Good! It's nice to feel ready.

amysue said...

Pack that bag because while it's likely you'll be closer to your date, lots of people go after 36-37 weeks so best to not be unprepared!

Can you bring a bottle of wine?

Jen said...

Definitely enjoy these last few weeks (if you get a few weeks that is). It is a wonderful change, but you are right that life will never be the same!

Geohde said...

Pack that bag :)

J

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm with everyone else -- pack the bag!! And enjoy the time you have left before he or she arrives, since it's time you won't get back. :)