Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers


  • With all that stressing about Maggie and her tantrums, she's been significantly better the last few days.
  • We went to the aquarium last night. We are members, and they had a members only night - so much fun. I was somewhat nervous that we would have a big meltdown as it didn't start until 6:30. Cameron didn't nap, and Maggie - well, she is a bit unpredictable. But both kids had a blast. We had the excitement of picking up Daddy at his office and then going to dinner at Fanuial Hall. Both kids were great, we saw everything, and spent a huge amount of time at the new shark touch tank. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • This weekend we start with the 'responsibly chart'. Finger crossed it works!
  • I'm planning on getting Tyke's Club tickets for the local triple-a baseball team. For $15 you get tickets to the 6 home Sunday afternoon game. I think it'll be a blast for the gang. And I like to sit and watch baseball - win win.
  • This weekend I'm cleaning out my closet. I haven't really bought clothes for myself since the twins were born, and things are looking awful. I went out yesterday at lunch an got myself a few new things and then order a few from Old Navy, and will slowly work up my wardrobe again. I need to buy clothes for the body I HAVE not the body I want. And let's get real. If I do lose 50 pounds, I'm not going to want to put on clothes from 4 years ago, I'm going to want NEW things.
  • Another goal this year is to finally be on top of my gardens. This house came with 3 BIG flower gardens - that I think were hastily put in to help sell the house. I've been working them down to something I can realistically deal with for the last 6 years. I've planted mostly lilies (Asiatic and day-lilies). There were a huge amount of fast growning bushes that I've had Aaron pull out - as they were always getting out of control and some had thorns, which added to my issues with weeding. Those bushes would get huge, and I would make a lame attempt to weed, get attacked by these damn bushes and give up. 
  • Two nights ago, I made myself a somewhat strong vodka drink, set up a finger food picnic for the kids, and did a bunch of weeding and mulching. Weeding is much more fun with a little buzz on.
  • I'm hoping to plant some more day lilies and add in Sedum. I used Preen - which is supposedly able to limit weeds. If I can keep everything weeded and fend off the red beetles that eat my Asiatic Lilies every year, I'll be happy.
  • Do not fear. I'm not going to turn into a gardener. But all the women in Aaron's family have amazing gardens, so I really need to have mine at least not totally filled with weeds.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

When you get done with your garden, come work on mine, okay? Soon I won't be able to get into the garage because of the giant bush in the way. It grows sooo fast.