Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here we go.

Lots of things coming up in the next few days. Friday afternoon is the u/s to see the heartbeat (please be there, little guy!). I'm feeling good about it - not anywhere near as freaking out as I was with Hulk's.... but it's not until tomorrow afternoon. I have plenty of time to freak out between now and then. I keep reminding myself that a huge percentage of the world gets pregnant and just has babies. They don't have beta tests and early u/s... and this time, I need to remember I'm just 'normal'.

Deep breath.

Add into this weekend a MIL visit. Now that we have Hulk, and Aaron's birthday was on Monday, we really thought she was coming to just visit us. And - when we found out I was pregnant again, we were thinking that it would be fun to have Aaron's mom be the first to know, since she would be visiting and everything. She called on Monday to plan her visit, and she said that she would like the 3 of us to go down with dinner to where my FIL is staying and have a little 'party' with his family (who is coming from Chicago for the FIRST TIME SINCE HIS STROKE, but don't get me started on that) - like she is the hostess or something. This was also the first we heard of anyone coming to see my FIL too - which is weird, considering you'd think they'd maybe want to see some of us too? Whatever.

Aaron's parents got divorced over 7 years ago in a very ugly divorce. They only saw each others at our weddings (Aaron and his 2 brothers got married in the last 7 years). Besides that, no communication, nothing. As a matter of fact, my MIL would speak often of how horrible it was to be married to Aaron's father and how mean his family was too her. When my FIL had the stroke in October - she was there at his bedside in the ICU holding his hand. And she has been visiting and trying to get all his medical information ever since. Understandably - this upsets Aaron - mostly because he feels she just left his father, and now he can't get his arms around why she is so involved now that he is sick.

Aaron put his foot down and told his mother that he'd already told her her felt very uncomfortable with the fact that she visits his father at all, and he certainly wouldn't go with her to see him. I anticipate several attempts this weekend trying to get us to go with her to visit them. And we have made a pact that we won't get angry, but we will say - 'We've told you before we don't feel comfortable visiting Aaron's father with you. You have a car, and we aren't stopping you from going yourself'.

It's just really disappointing to me that she couldn't just come to visit us. When she planned the visit, both Aaron and I were impressed that she was coming off island just to see us, and not the usual 'stop by on my way to CT' thing that she usually does. I feel bad for Aaron, because I'm sure it hurts his feelings too.

1 comment:

*Brandi* said...

I can't wait to hear about your u/s! Cause you are normal this time. And I can totally understand your hesitation on your MIL's visit. I'm glad you two have a plan. Hope you enjoy the weekend.