Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The weekend

Honestly, the weekend was great. Both Hulk and I have a cold (AGAIN) but Saturday was a beautiful day, and we want out for breakfast, had a nice walk.... and then people starting arriving, and things got hectic.

I think the reason it was a hard weekend is the people who came. My mother has been living on her own since I went to college - and had been divorced for 15 years before I went to college. I really think that basically living alone for 30 years has made her lose any social skills she may have had. She rolls her eyes VISIBLY whenever anyone says something she doesn't agree with. And Aaron's mother - she is just plain mean. I don't even know how to talk to her - but thankfully - we now have Hulk, and she just dotes on him. So I not really required to converse with her. Add into the mix my mother's boxer which is a completely untrained dog... and it was a rough weekend. I was SO happy to be done with all the visitors.

But the important part? The ceremony? It was wonderful. Hulk just hung out in my arms, and looked around the church. I cried through pretty much the whole thing... We had us, the grandmothers, his great aunt, and the godparents all standing up in the front of the church - and many people commented afterwards how wonderful it was to see so many people standing up in support of my little guy (see, I'm crying again, god damn it).

4 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Aww I'm so glad you had a great time. It sounds beautiful.

HereWeGoAJen said...

It sounds perfect! I'm so glad it went well.

Megan said...

Yeah! I'm glad the ceremony was wonderful!

Rob, Katie and Sarah said...

Hey it's your sock buddy, I hope you've gotten your socks OK! Please let me know if you didn't get them for some reason. PS your baby is too cute!!!