Saturday, April 11, 2009

Well.

All your comments over the past 2 days have really brought a smile to my face - especially the ones that say "Wow! I really wasn't expecting this!". Like I was!?!? I'm definitely still in shock - but I'm happy and excited all at the same time.

This has been a crazy week! On top of all the pregnancy excitement, Hulk has RSV. It's basically just a bad cold - and he does still have smiles for us. But he has a bad cough and on Friday started wheezing. So, I'm in the doctor's office, getting the scoop from the doc on how to handle his symptoms, when the phone rings with my HCG results. I felt bad, because I cut off the nurse - but she was giving me my progesterone levels (15.4 - they would like them over 20 - but I'm not worried because I've had low progesterone historically. I'm happy that it is over 12) and explaining to me about how they wouldn't force me to do the supplement, but they suggest it blah blah blah blah - and I was like - I want to do it. Please fax the RX for me - I gotta go, I'm in the doctor's office with my son.

I guess she didn't realize she was talking to a woman who has done PIO shots, gel, and suppositories. Now I'm doing pills. Hey - at least I can say I've done it all, right? I have to say - the pills are the easiest of anything I've dealt with.

I'm to keep going for betas until my level is over 2000 - so on Sunday I need to go again. But I feel great. Of course, I was just getting back into going to the gym and starting to reclaim my body. Ha. Oh. And coffee, of how I will miss you! I had finally found a place to buy my favorite coffee in the entire world - Organic Love Buzz. When we lived in Jamaica Plain, there was a bakery that I would stop at every morning and get a cup... but since I moved out to the 'burbs, I hadn't had any luck finding it. Just last week I found a place that sells it.

If that is my big sacrifice for this pregnancy, I can handle it.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Whoa!Whoa!Whoa! I hiatus from blogging for a couple of days and look what I miss!?

Firstly, congratulations! That's wicked awesome. What a little surprise!

Secondly, hope Hulk is feeling better soon. Yucky, RSV.

Beautiful Mess said...

RSV blows! Poor little guy. Hope he feels better soon. YAY for pills! Keep smiling, girl!

Meghan said...

Hope Hulk feels better soon!

And yeah you!! Hoping today's beta goes well

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a shocking turn of events! Congratulations!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I hope Hulk feels better soon!

bleu said...

WOW so amazing and congrats. I am not online much right now so it was such a wonderful surprise.

Secondly so sorry about the RSV, it is so hard when they are sick.

Lastly OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE Organic Love Buzz, it is the only coffee I drink, well not now but when not pregnant, and I have NO idea beyond ordering online where to get it here in Nova Scotia. I never hear anyone liking it like I do. It has become like nothing else tastes like coffee to me but it.

mamacate said...

Whoa nelly! Congratulations! What amazing news. Irish twins, m'dear.

Now you must pass out small cards to all your acquaintances telling them NOT to tell your story to their infertile friends! ;)

Hang in with the RSV. Good healthy thoughts to Hulk!