Monday, April 13, 2009

More than doubled and it's Aaron's Birthday!

Got the call this morning - I went from 524 on Friday to 1330 on Sunday. WOOT! Next step is an u/s on Friday at 3:40 to see the heartbeat.

Today is Aaron's 36th birthday - we've kind of been celebrating all weekend. On Thursday, his gift arrived - I got him a brush guard for his truck. You know, because he is always out 4 wheeling in the woods!? Not. He is joking around that he is compensating for something - but I have to admit - it does look really nice on the truck. He has been talking about getting one of these for ages, and I kept telling him how ridiculous it would be to get one... always thinking that I would get it for either his birthday or Christmas. And it was kind of the gift that kept giving - because he got to install it (working on cars is lots of fun for Aaron), and his best friend came out to do that with him this weekend. So he had a blast.

Sunday, I set up a babysitter for Hulk, and we went to the movies together for the first time since the big guy was born. I've been so out of it, I didn't really notice that there was barely anything to see. Aaron picked the new Fast and Furious movie, which wasn't all that bad. It had a bunch of action and was nice and entertaining, at least. We stuffed ourselves with movie popcorn and finished out the night at Olive Garden. Man. Do we know how to party. LOL.

13 comments:

Frieda said...

I am so very happy for you. I hope those numbers keep on going up.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from LFCA...

Hooray! Congrats! Happy birthday to Aaron, and best of luck for Friday.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm so glad it keeps doubling. Awesome!

And Happy birthday to Aaron! I'm jealous you guys went to Olive Garden -- we always talk about it but never go, mainly because there isn't one super-close (we end up at Bertucci's or Not Your Average Joe's instead). Which one did you go to?

*Brandi* said...

Congrats on the doubling, how exciting!!! And my birthday is going to be about the same. Dinner at OG and hopefully a movie! Even the same movie being that I just love Vin Deisal and Paul Walker.

Tara said...

Great to hear those beta numbers.

Oh I have been longing to go to a movie lately. I think it's time I set something up so I can go. Even if I have to go alone (hubby is not a big movie type guy).

And to top it off with the Olive Garden? Beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Wow!! Congratulations!

Came over from LFCA and have been enjoying reading through your archives - we had the same Christmas onesie set for our little girl. I also had a c-section, and it turned out she had a short cord.

Enough about me - just happy for you!

Jen said...

Hey that sounds like a fabulous time to me! And with the brush guard it isn't about what you do do but you now can do, LOL!

Becky said...

Great news and what a wonderful birthday gift for aaron. I got confirmation i was pregant 2 days before my husband g's b-day. I was so crazy happy i didn't get him an actual present he could hold! Oh well, he never missed it!

P.S. your boxers are gorgeous too, post some new ones of them and hulk for me!

JW Moxie said...

Those are fabulous numbers! Congratulations!

Beautiful Mess said...

WOOOHOOO!!! Can't wait for Friday! Happy birthday to Aaron. Glad you got to go out and see a movie and have a nice dinner. Last time we did that, we went to Shari's for dinner...lol

Erica said...

Here from LFCA - congratulations on the rising beta!

Chelle said...

You're PREGGO?!?! THAT IS SO AWESOME! I don't log into the blog for three days and come back to such awesome news. CONGRATS!!! I am so envious. I am so freaking excited for you!!! (I think I need a few more exclamation points, don't you?)

BIG EXCITED HUG!!!

Brandy said...

I am so behind but CONGRATS!! That's freaking fabulous. I waited a little longer than you to be one of the urban legends but my little ones are only 18 months apart. I just hope those numbers keep going UP, UP, UP!